18 June 2012

Star

On Friday night I went with a friend and my sister to the North Fitzroy Star Hotel for dinner. If you haven't been, do yourself a favour, as Molly would say. This is a gorgeous dining experience, in a wonderful setting. The decor is a kind of bohemian mix of fabrics and colours, and even a bit of decoupage on the room dividers.

Like the Tardis, the Star is bigger on the inside, the rooms seem to sprawl on for a while, and one has an appealing Moroccan theme.  A pretty little courtyard accommodates smokers, and on Friday, we had an open fire right beside our table. So cosy!

I had an entree of pan-seared haloumi with lemon and preserved fig, followed by a pork belly and ox -tail pie, of which every bite was delectable, and which I tried hard but couldn't quite finish, the generous sized serve.

My friend had a tasty polenta entree, followed by a linguini, which she enjoyed immensely, while my sister had a generous entree of meatballs, followed by a slow cooked lamb dish which I tried, and which melted in the mouth. I accompanied my meal with a Napoleone pear cider, while the others shared a sauv blanc, followed by a brandy.

The service was top shelf, and couldn't be faulted, and we had a wonderful time!

No comments:

Post a Comment