26 June 2010

A bite out of the moon

Tonight there is a partial lunar eclipse. I had a chance to see it for a little while before the sky clouded over. It was fun to see the shadow that all of us and our world is making on the moon. It is hard to look at the moon without hearing Noel Fielding's voice these days, but that's hardly a bad thing.

Earlier today I was listening to Denise Hylands' Twang on RRR & she played a new song by Barb Waters & the Mothers of Pearl. It was a cover of the Diana Trask hit 'O Boy' & it was perfect as I walked through the park to the shops. Really brightened up my day. Then I started wondering what Diana Trask was doing now. In fact there is a book available from her web page entitled 'Whatever happened to Diana Trask?' Reading her web bio, I had no idea she had been so successful. I just remembered and loved the song, which must have been released when I was about seven. Tonight I bought Barb's new version from iTunes & listened the original too, and had one of those moments where music is just EVERYTHING.

Coincidentally, it appears that Diana Trask is going to guest on Spicks 'n' Specks this Wednesay, June 30th on the ABC at 8:30 pm. O Boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment